Dr. Rachel D. Lee is an obstetrician and gynecologist. Dr Lee has performed over 200 robotic GYN cases, making her the most experienced robotics GYN surgeon from the coast to Richmond. She chooses robotics due to the visibility of anatomy, and the ability to perform minimally invasive surgery on more complex pathology. Dr. Lee now proctors other surgeons on the da Vinci robotics surgical system.
Awarded Top Doc 2012, Hampton Roads Magazine.
Awarded Top Doc 2013, Hampton Roads Magazine.
Earned Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG™) designation by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), 2014
Dr. Rachel Lee performs the following minimally invasive surgeries:
- Essure tubal ligation
- Novasure endometrial ablation
- da Vinci robotic assisted hysterectomies (not in office)
- da Vinci robotic assisted myomectomies (not in office)
Why you can trust her:
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- Fellow of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Fellow of the Medical Society of Virginia (MSV)
- Fellow of the Portsmouth Academy of Medicine
- Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
- Earned Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG™) designation by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) and Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
- Completed training certification on the da Vinci robotic surgical systems (Now Proctors other Surgeons)
What you May Not Know about Her:
Dr. Lee is married to a local minister and has three small children. Her family is active in church and their children’s sports activities. She loves Broadway musicals and fine dining. Like most working moms, Dr. Lee enjoys a good night’s sleep.
Dr. Rachel Lee attended Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN for her undergraduate studies, after which she attended medical school at the University of Tennessee. She then completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Eastern Virginia Medical School.